Thursday, February 10, 2011

One Shot Manga of Note #1

Just a little weekly post I wanted to try out to spotlight some one shot mangas that can be fun or interesting reads. One shots typically contain an entire story in just one volume so no long series to worry about with tons of back story and things.

So with that out of the way here is the first!

The Enigma of Amigara Fault

Another earthquake has rocked Japan but this one left something mysterious in it's aftermath. The quake exposed a new fault line in the mountains with strange holes in it's side, the holes have human like sizes and shapes.

This becomes a sensational news story and many people are drawn to the images on their TVs and begin a pilgrimage to the mountains to see this for themselves. When they arrive some find their own holes and are even further driven to learn about them through sheer curiosity or something unnatural no one can say but it seems to torment them until some snap and enter their hole. The hole is a perfect fit and they easily slide into the unknown. I won't spoiler where the hole ends up but it is a chilling read with a new and original story and definitely worth a read. You can find it online with a quick Google search happy reading!

24 comments:

Con Queso said...

I think I've read this one before. At least the one I'm thinking of has people crazy about a swirl.

Tristie said...

Haven't kept up on any mainstream manga recently. This might work out, looking forward to more =P

yossarian said...

sounds like a pretty interesting concept. ill take a look at it later

level85nerd said...

sounds pretty good to me, id say.

Mac said...

Nice ill look into this!

Anonymous said...

It's a conspiracy 10000 years in the making.

zepdragon said...

Very interesting, I'll have to look more into this.

Scanon said...

Nice.

Thuganomics said...

i read it once. creepy as fuck

Zakk said...

I've been reading through your blog and I really like it, I'll be following :)

RaZer said...

Very cool, gonna take a look, thanks

Doc_Waffles said...

very interesting, heard something similar need to check it out.

Port Forward King said...

That actually sounds kind of interesting I am going to have to check it out! Thanks :)

Life can be Interesting said...

Gonna take it for a read, hope its good.

Quasar green said...

do you like american graphic novels at all?

The Game Store Guy said...

I remember reading this sometime back. Very weird story.

Ion762 said...

@quasar

I do but read very little of them. The last one that I read was watchmen

Unknown said...

Wow, never read it.....though I don't read too much manga....mostly mainstream that I read as I grew up...naruto, bleach...that sort of crap so I'll give these a look...thanks for the info

AiwaLoue said...

creeepy bro... i wouldnt want to go anywhere neer holes like that

Romeo Tango said...

Sounds pretty good, I'll have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

nice, ill have to look into this

Anonymous said...

Cheers, will check it out!

Warlaw said...

This was the first manga I ever read. I know right? I love how the Japanese still have the stuff to disturb people. This comic definitely did it for me haha!

shadi said...

I think i heard something like this , I am going to check it out.

Post a Comment